Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh My!

I am completely overextended these days. Between scrambling to get my own school work done, grading papers, and teaching community classes, I do tours of a local hospital for expectant families. Today, not only did I show up an hour early for the tour (accident) but we got stuck in the elevator. This was my first negative elevator experience...and I blame it on the fact I said to my students last week "I have never been stuck in an elevator." In hindsight, stupid.

So, it was me, 6 very pregnant women, 7 other adults, one very hyper 3-year-old and one baby. It was a very long, very hot 5 minutes. I took off my lab coat and had we been in there a minute longer I would have taken off my sweater (don't worry, I had on a undershirt). When I used the red button to alert someone about us being stuck, I said, "I am in elevator 7 with 15 people, half of whom are very pregnant." I was very close to saying one was in labor! Can't say I'd blame any of them if they decided to go elsewhere to deliver their babies...

1 comment:

Summer said...

funny story. i guess you were fighting back some serious panick!

~S