Saturday, November 29, 2008

THANKSGIVING

My Mom came into town for the holiday. On Thanksgiving, while Chris worked, my Mom and I read the paper (well, only the ad's) and went out to eat (to an undisclosed Chester restaurant). Then we braved Black Friday. We arrived at Wal-mart about 10 minutes before opening. The line was ridiculous! The best thing was when the doors opened people surpassed the lines and just went running. Afraid of getting trampled, we ran with the crowd! At one point I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to wet my pants. After all this we did not get what we came for...and we were gone by 0510. Oh, I did buy a TV but not the one I wanted.

We then went to the much more civilized Target. We joined a much smaller line where security gave us some ground rules and it was much smoother. While we did walk fast we didn't have a need to run! I got what I was there for and we were gone 10 minutes later!

Then it was on to Circuit City. The young man running the line let the power of Black Friday go a bit to his head thereby causing the line to take forever but I did get the TV and router I went for.

Next it was back to Wal-mart where I returned the TV I bought earlier. Then home to unpack and make a brunch sandwich.

Then it was back out for some furniture shopping!

Here is one of our purchases!

3 comments:

suzspeaks said...

CUTE background!

How fun that your mom got to come see you!

Is that a Samsung? I think that is just like our tv!

Jenny Rizer said...

How did your paper go a few weekends ago? I love Black Friday shopping with Darron's sister and mom. The crowds are crazy, the deals are good, and there's just something about it that gets me going! :) Glad you had fun with your mom.

Shannon said...

You guys are brave! I never shop on black friday.