Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ry's Big Brother Room

We're playing musical rooms in our home.  In an effort to minimize the change for Ryan we've concocted a multi-step plan.  First step, Chris and I switch rooms with Ryan. Done. See below.

 Ryan is such a copy cat and proof is in the pictures of him helping below.




My mom made these awesome canary and white chevron curtains and the dresser was a new purchase from IKEA.  I was super excited to find these curtain rods for $2.99/each at IKEA (I bought 2 for the twins room as well).  We had the alphabet cards since Ryan was little, I just bought some mini clothespins to hang them (note: the 'A' card is currently MIA but I know it's around here somewhere).  The retro 'Welcome to Syracuse' print is new, but the fabric is clearly left over from the curtains and the frame previously held a print from Chris's bachelor times.  As for the print, it holds a few meanings.  Of course, Chris is from upstate NY, but some people may recall that our wedding invitations utilized the same 'Welcome to Richmond' image. 



I added coordinating fabric to cheap wooden embroidery rings for a little added detail. 


The drawer liners even match (ok, so that was mere coincidence but still).


This dresser/changing table is simply in waiting to be put in the twins nursery, at which point it will be replaced by a bookshelf currently in the playroom.

And, of course, I couldn't have a Syracuse print without adding some Texas in the mix.


This frame was made, with love, from a $3 piece of trim and some twine.  Not exactly what I was envisioning when I started, but for 3 bucks I can't complain.


Step two, once the twins are here, and I feel comfortable with them sleeping in their own room, Chris and I move into the ultra-tiny playroom and our room becomes the twins room.  That's right, Ryan gets the big room (afterall he has a lot of toys and he is losing his playroom).  The twins get the next biggest room.  And we get the worlds smallest room...without a closet!

No comments: