Sunday, May 13, 2012

They're Here!

At 9:30pm on Tuesday May 8th, as Chris and I were getting ready for bed, I started to bleed.  We were in the ER just before 10pm.  Do you know what scares an ER nurse?  A women in labor.  Even scarier is a women in labor, bleeding.  They had me in a wheelchair and on my way to L&D in less than 30 seconds.  As I waited with Chris in our room we overheard the doc tell the nurse to get me ready for a c-section.  What!  I hadn't even been seen yet!  But yes, that was the plan.  The bleeding necessitated a c-section (not to mention baby B was breech, he flipped just hours before).  I was 34 weeks and 2 days pregnant.


The c-section was surreal but more on that later.  Now to the good stuff.  At 11:30pm, we heard Owen Cabe (baby A) cry his first cry.  Followed by the cry of his brother, Ethan James (baby B), at 11:31pm.  We were aware that hospital policy dictated babies under 35 weeks go to the NICU for evaluation.  So, it was no surprise, that after the babies were brought to me for a quick glimpse, they were whisked off to the NICU.  
Owen Cabe
May 8th, 2012
11:30pm
4 pounds, 14 ounces
19 inches long


Ethan James
May 8th, 2012
11:31pm
5 pounds, 11 pounds
19 inches long


They are absolutely amazing, just like their big brother who is anxiously awaiting their homecoming.  Three boys.  Talk about surreal.

No comments: