Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shots

I really wanted Chris to be there for Ryan's two month check up, aka the first shots, but I couldn't get an appointment for his half day. So, I put my big girl panties on and took him all by myself. I've always heard parents have a hard time with their babies getting stuck, but having been the 'sticker' before I thought I'd be fine (not good, but fine). Wrong. I teared up as soon as I laid eyes on the FIVE needles. Then as the nurse was talking to me about the injections the tears started running down my face. First came the oral vaccine. Ryan loved that stuff. Then came the needles. He screamed bloody murder while my tears hit his little head. Then I composed myself and comforted my sweet baby. He cried until we made it to the car at which point he crashed before making it out of the parking lot. I made his four month check up for Chris's half day!

A couple hours later, at home, Ryan screamed like I've never heard a baby scream. Tylenol, check. Warm bath, check. Still screaming, check. Poor baby! So, I went to the tried and true, the boob. Worked like a charm.

Along the same news, the doctor wants us to see a surgeon about his umbilical hernia. She's concerned it's too large to heal itself, though she doesn't think they will do anything for at least a few months, if at all.

And now for some cuteness...

I put him in front of the mirror to look at himself, but he was only interested in looking at the reflection of the fan! That fan is simply amazing...


"Must nap"


My little Longhorn sporting his khaki pants

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

aww, shot day is the worst!! Jaxon's 5 year old shots were HORRIBLE!!! I love the pics!