Thursday, December 27, 2012

all things RYAN: 2.5 years

We couldn't ask for a better kid. Simply a wonderful child. Though, he's growing up way to fast!

~ He weighs 30 lbs. He wears a 3T pant, though they are usually big in the waist but he needs the length.

~ There isn't a more polite boy. 'Please' and 'thank yous' are his norm. We're working on 'you're welcome'. He says 'bless you' when someone sneezes. He thanks his babysitter for coming over and the librarian after story time. He says 'excuse me' when he bumps into someone or something. I could go on and on.


~ He loves to watch, out the window, the neighborhood children wait for and get on the bus. He narrates the scene, it goes something like this...

"The kids are playing football. There's Jacob. I see Jacobs daddy. There's the bus! I see the school bus! The kids are getting on the bus! Bye-bye kids. Have fun at school kids. Ryan will ride the bus soon. Daddy's go home and go to work (3 dads walk there kids to the stop and then walk back and drive off to work everyday). Oh no, Jacobs daddy not go to work (he went inside instead of to his car)."

~ He's wearing underwear!


~ He's learning the states. He currently knows 20.



~ He doesn't like getting his hair washed.

~ When the neighborhood kids get home from school they all head out to our culdesac to ride bikes. They are normally out there when Ryan wakes from nap. He loves to join them with his tricycle. The youngest, other than Ryan, is 4, and the oldest is 9. When Ryan goes outside they all yell 'Ryan' and come to see him. It's so cute.

~ He loves balls and cars.  So boy.



~ He can count to 10 regularly, sometimes as high as 20. He can visually identify numbers 0-9.

~ He talks and talks and talks. I'm amazed at his vocabulary. More than anything he says 'whats that?'. Problem is, he normally knows. So, I often tease and say a fork is a bear and he will say 'no, a fork'. Silly kid.

~ I barely have to raise my voice for him to realize he's in trouble. And he knows I mean business if I start counting. If I make it to 3 he goes to timeout, which has only happened a handful of times in his little life. I've found timeout to be very effective with him. He always tells me why he was there and what he should have done/needs to do (in other words, lesson learned).

~ He mimics everything. Of course, this isn't new but is more elaborate. Here he is imitating Chris who was on call that day.



~ He is so very sweet. Loves to give and get hugs and kisses. Is very snuggly, well, as snuggly as a fast paced 2.5 year old can be. He clearly cares about others. Helps me and his baby brothers regularly. Just very loving.

~ He moved into his big boy bed and he LOVES it. Currently, it's just a twin mattress on the floor with a safety rail. He wakes around 7am, though he stays in bed for 30+ minutes before we get him up. That's right, he doesn't get out of bed til told to.

His usual nap is 3 hours.

And he's in bed by 7:30 pm. What can I say, the boy loves his sleep. He gets that from me.

~ He's typically shy. Even with those he knows, though he warms up quickly in that case.

~ He is awesome at pretending. He will pretend anything is anything. Can't find a cell phone to place a call, that's ok use my hand. Don't have a wallet, that's ok this megablock will do. I think he's a genius.

~ He loves storytime at the library.

~ He is a great big brother.






~ He continues to be one of the 3 most loved boys in all the world!

1 comment:

Jenny Rizer said...

Loved reading this! So happy for you! Reminds me a lot of my oldest, Preston, who is now 7. So glad you're enjoying your sweet little guys!