Thursday, September 11, 2008

Catch Up

Chris and I went to Derek and Risa's wedding in Syracuse last weekend. The rehearsal dinner and wedding were fun as expected. She looked gorgeous as usual. We got to spend time with his parents which is always nice.


A fiend of mine at work was diagnosed with stomach cancer five or six weeks ago. When I got to work on Tuesday I was told she had died the afternoon before. She was 34 years old. It's the first time in my life that a friend has died. Or a young person in my life for that matter. I have only experienced death with my great greadparents...at least in my personal life. In my work life I have a no funeral policy (for patients). It helps me keep work seperate from home.

On a more cheerful note. I leave today for North Carolina to celebrate my best friends 30th birthday. Kendall decided she wanted to go to the summer camp she attended for ten years. The camp is closed for the season and the owner is opening it up to Kendall and five of her girlfriends. White water rafting, ropes courses, hiking, a case of wine... I'll post pictures. I'm taking my laptop with hopes I can get a signal at a near by Starbucks if needed!

No comments: