Friday, August 28, 2009

what's a girl to do?

Not pregnant. Went to the doctor today. Have many cysts on both ovaries. Can't proceed with treatments this month. Sucks.

Option 1: Wait a month and proceed with injectable drugs. Pros: Cheap, easy. Cons: 15% chance of working. If treatment fails I will get more cysts and be forced to take November off too.

Option 2: Wait a month and initiate IVF protocol. Have IVF in November. Pros: 50% chance of working. Cons: $$, time.

Option 3: Screw all treatment plans and skip right to adoption. Pros: will likely have a baby as soon as or sooner than by giving birth. Not having to actually give birth. Cons: not being pregnant, $$, scary, no little Chris or Jenn faces.

When I got home from the doctors office I read a packet of information on adoption and thought everything sounded great. Then I read the packet on IVF and thought everything sounded great. I'm so confused! Can someone else tell me what to do? And it best not be 'just relax' or you may get hit.

At the beginning of all of this, Chris and I decided to try IF treatments until the end of this year. At which point we would start the adoption process. In addition, Chris finishes his chief year next June and we are in the process of deciding where to live. That deadline is also by the end of the year (we need several months to get work licenses, sell our house, buy a house, etc). If we move down the adoption path we kinda need to stay put. Talk about decisions! Seriously, someone help!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I seriously have no advice...I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all this and I can't begin to imagine what it all feels like. I just want you to know that I'll be praying for guys and that you will feel completely at peace no matter which path you choose, and that most of all, you will have a baby soon!

suzspeaks said...

Jenn, I'm so, so sorry that you are having to deal with this. It's hard to give advice since I'm not sure the details of the options. It sounds like to me, I would probably try IVF. At this point, the 50% chance sounds MUCH better than the 15% chance. I would want to try that at least once before going on to adoption. Although that would be my next option.
I'll be praying for you... hugs and love!!

also... this blog was originally set up for infertility struggles. If you scroll quite a bit down there is a list of people trying for a baby. There are several links (in purple). You might click to some of those people and see if you find anything...
http://prayingforgodsblessings.blogspot.com/

Love you and I know you will be blessed and will be a WONDERFUL mommy!!

Shannon said...

Hey Jenn, I am sorry. :( . I agree with Suzanne. A 50 percent chance sounds really good to me! At least you can try that once and if it doesn't work, then you know you tried, and adoption is a great next step. Either way, it doesn't matter how your baby gets here. God will give you the baby you are meant to have:) And you will be a great mom! I think it is a hard decision though, and I wish you luck making the right one for you:)