Wednesday, August 11, 2010

All Things Ryan: 0-1 Month


One Month Stats: 7 lbs, 13 oz (less than the 3rd percentile), 21 in (8th percentile), perfect growth for our perfect baby


He keeps at least one hand on or near his face, often looking as if he is trying to cover his eyes or hide. Sometimes he puts a fist under his chin making the most precious 'thinking man' pose. When not by his face, his hands are normally crossed over his chest, tiny precious fingers interlocking.


His personality comes out in his many facial expressions. He makes a great pout face, sometimes for reasons I can't discern. Nevertheless, I'm a sucker for the pout face. He often makes an 'o' with his lips while he is looking around. Not sure what it means but it's darn cute. Then he has his worried/ concerned look; furrowed brow and squinty eyes. I've assured him he has nothing to worry about. I could go on and on but I'll end with what I call his sour face. This is when he first attempts to latch on to the breast and he pulls off scrunching his face as if he'd just been offered a lemon. It cracks me up!

He takes his time waking up and he's cranky if you wake him to suddenly (he gets this from his mother). Though when he wakes up he stretches and makes a variety of faces that are simply adorable. I particularly favor his superman stretch, one arm straight in the air above his head, the other bent on his chest (made even better by daddy soaring him through the air for full effect). In fact, watching him wake up is a favorite time for both Chris and I.

No comments: