Wednesday, August 18, 2010

'crack heads need not apply'

How in the world am I suppose to return to work and leave my baby with someone else? Seriously, I don't know how people do it. How do you determine someone is worthy and capable of caring for the most precious person in your life? As I scour through applications in hopes of finding Mary Poppins I frequent the idea of not returning to work at all. And I'm only planning to work 2 days a week. That's 16 hours away from my sweet angel!

To make matters worse the applicants I'm getting are far from capable. One person wanted to bring her fiance because she thought she'd need help...seriously? Another person didn't even have custody of her own child...red flag. And then there was the one who had more rules for me than I could think of for her...come on people!

Just look at this face. I'm pretty sure he's thinking 'please mama don't leave me'.


Chris and I met a great couple, expecting their first baby in September, who we're trying to nanny share with. It would be a great set up if we can make it work. The boys would have a playmate and we would get a break in cost. Now we just have to find the perfect nanny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Jenn!! So scary!! Good luck on your continued search.

Shannon said...

I can't imagine. The only way I could do it was because my good friend watches kids. I can't imagine interviewing a random person.

suzspeaks said...

oh goodness! Look at that face :) It is SO hard.. not gonna lie! But it WILL all work out :)