Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pregnancy Update - 28 Weeks


People constantly tell me how I don't look 28 weeks pregnant with twins.  I think they need to get their eyes checked.  I certainly look it.  And I most certainly feel it.  I still remain on target for weight gain and the babies are growing as expected.  Baby A's weighing in at 2 lbs 3 oz and Baby B's 2 lbs 14 oz.  I still have a placenta previa and if it remains its a scheduled c-section at 36 weeks.  That's only 2 months aways! 

Before I start my whoa me, because I'm gonna, I want to convey that I actually feel pretty good for carrying two babies for 28 weeks.  My back pain comes and goes.  It got so bad while driving this week I was wishing for an early epidural.  And what's with the upper right sided chest pain?  I had this with Ryan too and its awful.  Today was the first day I noticed my ankles disappear (no worries, they came back after kicking up my heels for a few hours).  Sleep is a joke.  Combine the wild vivid dreams, the need to repeatedly pee, hip pain, and the required 3 point turns to change positions and sleep is very limited.  I won't even address the exhaustion.  And then theres the occasionally feeling that the boys are trying to crush my pelvis, thats fun.

- Ryan kissing the babies -
All of this aside, I feel pretty good for being so big.  I'm still able to do whatever I want, just a little slower.  I still pick Ryan up throughout the day (though I do ask him to walk and hold my hand a bit more than before).  I'm still working my regular 2 days a week (though it takes me much longer to get to and from the parking garage).  While I'm not enthused with being pregnant for another 8 to 10 weeks, I do hope they stay put as long as possible.  First and foremost for their health but also for the fact we'll be moving in 5 weeks (oh, and I haven't even ordered their crib yet!). 

2 comments:

Kelli said...

That picture of Ryan kissing on his brothers is so sweet! I'm glad you mentioned the hip pain. For a while there I was thinking I was getting arthritis or something! You look so cute. Hope all goes well with the move. I can't wait to see more pictures of that gorgeous house!!

Shannon said...

That's funny. People constantly asked if I was pregnant with twins. Nope just one big one. I think you look great! I cannot imagine the aches and pains of 2!