Wednesday, October 23, 2013

thoughts along the way...take 3

10 weeks
I'm now 10 weeks pregnant.  Normally I'd be looking forward to the big announcement in 2 weeks.  However, with this being the pregnancy following a miscarriage (at 13 weeks), we've decided to wait a bit longer.  Plus, this is our 4th baby and we're still coming to terms with, well, a 4th baby!  This will be 4 under 4.  Wowzer.

So, for how it is being pregnant this time around.  I had a few weeks of ridiculous fatigue.  Barely being able to keep my eyes open with 3 little ones running around is toxic.  Fortunately, this has been reduced to only occasional fatigue.  Add that to my favorite pregnancy symptom, nausea.  The good news is it isn't as bad as it was with either of my other pregnancies.  I constantly remind myself that it could be worse.

Another difference is I couldn't wait for the others to be born.  It wasn't that I didn't like being pregnant, because I did, it was just that I couldn't wait to see how the little one(s) would fit into our lives.  This time I'm enjoying the time we have as a family of 5!

12 weeks
Bring on the 2nd trimester.  Fatigue is now only a problem towards the end of the day.  The nausea remains the same.  Strangely I haven't gained any weight.  I say 'strangely' because my stomach is the size it was when I was approaching 18 weeks with Ryan!  Oh how I miss my pre-children abs. Despite the ever growing belly, I'm still concealing the pregnancy.  If anyone notices my belly I figure they'll assume it's left over weight gain from the twins, however I'm happy to report my stomach went back to normal after the twins (my abs are a different story).

I got to hear the hearbeat for the first time.  Always reassuring.

13 weeks



















14 weeks
It's becoming harder to conceal my belly.  I want to avoid my belly hanging over my waistband but that would require me to wear my maternity pants.  Problem is, as soon as anyone gets a glimpse of the elastic waistbands the gig is up. 

I've gained 2 pounds to date.

I have to eat small frequent meals/snacks to keep my stomach remotely normal.  I live off bagels with cream cheese, ice cream (but that's pretty standard for me), and baked potatoes. 

I can't wait to learn the sex!  I'm hoping to schedule the ultrasound before 20 weeks just to keep my wait down!  It's not because I'm dying to have a girl.  I'm not.  Don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled to have a girl, but I'll be just as excited for our 4th and final boy.  I just NEED to know!

15 weeks



















16 weeks




















17 weeks
We've slowly told some friends but have yet to tell family.  We're hoping to wait to tell them in person but not sure that's going to pan out.  Three weeks til the big ultrasound!  Chris will not be present this time around so I'm hoping to surprise him in some fun way.  I have a couple ideas.  We'll see.

As for how I feel...very different from the previous pregnancies.  I think this babe is sitting lower or sideways or just someway that is making me crazy!  I have to pee way to often.  Let's just say its not the typical 'oh I have to go all the time' pregnancy problem.  I've had that.  This is is to the extreme. Also, I have a hernia on the right side.  In all fairness, I had a mild hernia with the last 2 pregnancies too, but this time around its worse.  On the same side I've had some sciatica, ouch!  This is a brand new problem for me.  With all that said, I'm just glad I'm not nauseous.  I actually feel quite good.  I tire easy, but then again I have 3 active boys to keep up with!

18 weeks



















We've told a few more people but our families are still in the dark.  Our original plan to tell them in person isn't going to pan out, at least with Chris's fam.  As for my family, it depends if we want to wait until I'm nearly 24 weeks (that's when we'll see them next). 

I've gained 7 pounds to date.  On target for how much I gained with Ry.  Heartburn is setting in. And the crazy vivid dreams are exhausting.  All and all I feel pretty darn good.

19 weeks



















20 weeks
~ I've gained 9 pounds. 
~ I've been told I officially 'popped' and I agree.
~ I got to see our active, sweet, healthy baby on ultrasound this week. 
~ I threw a surprise gender reveal party for Chris. 
~ We learned the gender at said party (post to follow).
~ I started feeling the baby flutter around week 19, followed by more movement in week 20.
~ I started having some pregnancy pains that appear to be mechanical in nature.
~ Otherwise, I feel pretty darn good.

23 weeks
~ As of today we have exactly 120 days until D-day.
~ Well, it turns out I don't have a hernia.  Terrific.  Instead I have some sort of strange fluid thing to  
   which the only solution is delivery.  I'll leave it at that.
~ I've gained 12 pounds. Why is it my rear has to get bigger to carry a child? 
~ The baby moves more and more all the time. 


No comments: