Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Princess is Born

Audra Marie Hayes
 
February 3, 2014
7 pounds 13 ounces
20.5 inches
 




 
Born at 11:10am via a scheduled repeat C-section.  Despite the hospital running a bit behind, everything went smoothly.  She was placed on my chest immediately at birth.  She looked right at me and I knew she was perfect.  Love at first sight.  After a few minutes the nurse took her to the warming table to assess her and then she rode with me to our room. 
 
She instantly did a good job breastfeeding.  Though low supply soon roared his ugly head, but that's a story for a later date.  The worse part of recovering from this C-section, and the last, was the itching.  I know right, of all things, but it's true.  I wanted to scratch my eyeballs out.  It lasted about 24 hours, which felt like a week. 
 
Otherwise the hospitalization was quite uneventful.  She was magnificent.  Time alone with her in the hospital was quite peaceful, at least compared with what was to come at home!  Chris went back to work the following day but stayed with us overnight (he was saving his time off for when she came home). 
 
Lastly, I'd like to point out that at the time this is being written Audra is nearly 4 months old.  Let's just say 4 kids under 4 leaves little time for, well, much!
 
Welcome to the world Audra Marie.  You are certainly the most loved little girl in all the world.

No comments: