Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MidPoint

20 weeks down.  At least 16 more to go.  I'm aiming to make it to 38 weeks.  When I was 20 weeks pregnant with Ryan I'd gained 10 pounds.  This time around I'm up 17.  The weight is spread out more than last time too.  My belly is rounding out, whereas last time the weight was centered in my belly.  I asked Chris how my butt getting bigger supports the growth of our babies.  His response "to balance you out so you don't fall forward".  Thanks honey. 

I've been feeling the babies move since week 16.  Chris has been able to feel them since week 18.  And I was able to see my belly move at 19 weeks.  I can often tell between the 2 based on where I feel the movement, but not always.  Once they get bigger and stop flipping around so much I think differentiating between the 2 will get easier. 

I've also been feeling lots of braxton hicks.  I can directly relate picking Ryan up several times a day with more braxton hicks.  Doc says its ok.  All and all I feel good.

Chris asked if I'd blogged about the babies recently.  He said he worried these babies were going to get the shaft as far as documentation goes.  It tickled me he thought about that at all.  I'll do my best, babe!

When we ask Ryan where the babies are he lifts my shirt and kisses my belly.  It's absouletly precious!  And then he says 'bye, bye' and pulls my shirt down.  Of course, we have no idea what he actually understands.  Gotta love that kid.
 17 weeks


18 weeks


20 weeks

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute belly. That is a good answer about the butt getting bigger. Pregnancy is the only time in my life that I ever had one.

Chelsea said...

Pregnancy is such a great time to feel the love of your husband even more. You are lucky to have a very sweet and loving partner. Your twins are about to turn one. How are they now? May I ask how was it during labor and delivery? A friend of mine will be giving birth to twins soon. Maybe I could offer her some advice.

Chelsea Leis