Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poor Ryan

A few weeks ago Ryan and I were at the Children's Museum, for all of 5 minutes, when he was running, tripped, and bonked his forehead on a wood block attached to the wall.  As most toddlers, he falls and hits his head regularly but this time it was bad.  I immediately picked him up and within seconds I gave him a once over checking for blood but instead I found a huge goose-egg on his forehead.  And it kept growing.  It probably took all of 2 minutes for him to calm down.  I was a different story.  After calming Ryan I fell apart.  I sat in the sandbox and cried.  I blame the majority of my hysteria on hormones.  I'm happy to report the final stage of the monster bruise just faded. 

Here's my attempt capturing the goose-egg.  It doesn't do the egg justice.


A week or so after the goose-egg tragedy, Ryan stopped eating well and started spiking fevers.  I'd been sick off and on and Chris and I assumed Ryan had just caught what I had.  After a few days with fevers he developed stinky breath so in to the doctor he went.  Positive for strep throat.  Poor guy.  He was back to his usual self just a day after starting antibiotics.

To make matters worse his mouth was bleeding.  Why?  Not exactly sure.  I believe his gums were compromised from several teeth coming in and the infection decided to settle in.  Now when I say he was bleeding, it wasn't just a bit of blood.  The blood was seeping out his mouth and down his face.  The doctor said to bring him back in for bloodwork if it didn't stop.  Fortunately, it stopped! 

While he was not feeling well, I broke down and let him snuggle me on the couch and watch Barney.  That's right, the big purple dinosaur.  Let's just say he got hooked.  He now asks to watch 'Bar'.  I suppose one 15 minute episode of 'Bar' a day won't hurt him.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

You did way better with the tv thing than I did! Reese already loves Mickey, but I think it's just the intro song that gets her.