Monday, January 2, 2012

thoughts of a pregnant woman - 4 months

~ The all day sickness has passed for only occasional sickness. Hallelujah. Ten weeks of straight nausea was plain torture. I just now started enjoying food again. And meat. I went 9 weeks without any meat. I started thinking one of these babies was a vegetarian. But, alas, I'm back to being a carnivore.

~ I've gained about 9 pounds to date. I've been instructed to gain about 1.5 pounds a week from here on out for a total of 45 pounds! 45 pounds. Are you kidding me? My doc said I'd look full term at 28 weeks. Oh. My. Goodness.

~ I'm only slightly bigger than I was with Ryan at 16 weeks. I'm wearing clothes with either no defined waists (dresses), drawstring waists, or elastic waists. With that said, I can still completely hide the belly if need be.

~ I just had an ultrasound and the babies are currently laying one on top the other. They look perfect. Baby A is slightly smaller (4 oz) than baby B (5 oz). Baby B was more active and had a higher heart rate of 160. Less active baby A's heart rate was 140. We will have plenty of opportunities to see these little babies as I will have monthly ultrasounds until 32 weeks at which point I move to weekly. I learned the need for increased ultrasounds is simply because there is no other way to see how much they are growing (with a singleton they measure the belly for such).

~ The headaches have surpassed. At least the major ones have. And heartburn has set in, big time. I went from tums to zantac which was incredibly helpful. My doc said I will likely graduate to prilosec sooner than later.


~ And now for belly pics...

9 Weeks



11 Weeks


12 Weeks


14 Weeks


16 Week (turned around to get that pesky doorknob out of the pic)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I can imagine the last several weeks will be extremely uncomfortable for you! Cute belly. Very frequent ultrasounds is definitely a perk to a twin pregnancy.