Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ryan's 1st day of Preschool

First let me express how intense the hunt for the perfect preschool is.  There are at least 350 in the area and everyone recommends a different one.  So I jumped right in.  I was looking for a couple logistical elements and then simply a good vibe.  After touring half a dozen or so I finally found the winner.  All Saints. It came with a glowing recommendation from our neighbor.

I was originally looking for a spot for fall, but they had a spring semester spot and we took it.   I've learned Ryan does well when 'prepped' so I did just that.  For a week or so prior to the first day I repeatedly discussed the in's and out's of preschool, mainly how parents drop off and pick up the children.  You have to realize Ryan has never been dropped off anywhere.  Ever.  So, I was concerned.  Well, I must have made my point because the day before the first day I said, "what will happen when mommy takes you to preschool?"  R: in the most bored voice ever, "you will drop me off, you will go home, I will play with the children, then you will pick me up."  That's right grasshopper.

That morning he was so excited.  So excited he actually said, "I'm so excited".  But then again he was also excited to wear his 'button shirt'...


He couldn't have done better!  He walked right in.  The teacher took his hand and in he went.  I actually had to ask him for a kiss goodbye.  He didn't look back.  The teachers said it was as if he'd been in preschool his whole life, that he just went with the flow.  That's my boy.  When I picked him up he said, "you picked me up".  That's right, just as planned!

Day 2, just as successful!  What can I say?  The kids a rockstar.