Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Renovating from Bed

I'm home from the hospital!  And it's good to be home.  More about that later.

It's been incredibly frustrating to be on bedrest just as we closed on our new house.  There is so much to do.  By virtue of being pregnant, I knew I wouldn't be able to do much, but I still thought I would be able to do some.  Nope.  Nada.  It sucks. 

My Dad was in town for a week, the exact week I was hospitalized.  That's right, I was admitted the day he arrived and discharged the day he left.   So much for family time in Virginia.  He did however spend a ton of time painting our family room.  Let me first explain this room.   It's not just a 'paint the walls and trim kinda room'.  No, in addition to the walls, I wanted the ceiling, a huge brick fireplace, crown molding, trim (including 6 large windows), 2 wood doors, 2 metal doors, and 1/2 wall wood paneling painted.  Hence the need for serious help.  He was able to get the bulk done and then give Chris directions to finish.  Thanks Dad!  And Chris!  Here's a sneak peak at the, incomplete, transformation.


Oh, and if anyone wants that pretty gold fireplace cover it's yours.


Fortunately, there are many things I can do right here from my designated position.  I can set up appointments, shop via the the world wide web, and even supervise all of Chris's efforts.  More pictures to come...

No comments: