Sunday, August 30, 2009

Decisions - Decisions

The decision of the moment is that we are moving towards IVF. I feel so much better after making any big decision....now if we could only decide where to start our family I'd feel even better. But, the fact of the matter is we have to figure out what the baby situation holds for us before we can move forward. To get even further into this tangent, we are visiting Columbus Ohio in about a week in an effort to come closer to this decision. I know, I know, you are thinking 'Columbus Ohio! What?'...well, Chris lived there for college and it's like his Austin (which, btw, we have already looked at).

I digress. Back to the decision made. Tomorrow I will make a consultation appointment with our RE. I reserve the right to change my mind after said consultation! In September we are also going to an adoption orientation at a local agency...just in case. Best case scenario, we get pregnant all natural the old fashion way this month!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Um, Austin is better than Columbus. My dad grew up there though...he might disagree.

Summer said...

since you asked for opinions (and we know what they say about opinions) I think you made the right choice about IVF. You will always wonder "what if" if you hadn't tried. Adoption is an open door that can wait. Oh and speaking of waiting I know you are so tired of that!
As for Columbus, I'm sure you know my opinion on that one!
Have a fun trip,
Sum

GINA and KEV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GINA and KEV said...

Hi, Jennifer. Thanks for the comment on my blog. We pulled our adoption profile this summer when we began IVF treatment because we would not have been able to afford both IVF and private adoption at the same time, should we have been matched. I think if you do foster to adopt, they don't care if you pursue IVF at the same time, but most adoption agencies want you to grieve the loss of having a biological child and really embrace adoption. Honestly, I was never able to give up all hope of giving birth even when we were waiting to be matched.