Friday, April 9, 2010

7 month check up

Glucola- check
BP- check
Urine- check
Baby's heartbeat- check
Labs- check
Hernia- check
Weight- check

First let me say I was told to request the yucky sugar drink while I was waiting in the waiting room. I did, twice. They never brought it to me. I was later told they were to busy to walk 5 feet and hand me a premixed bottle. What's the big deal? Well, after waiting an hour for the drink, I then had to wait another hour before I could have the lab drawn. Why is it that you will be charged for wasting a doctors time yet they can waste yours? I now must wait for the results.

Of course I had to pee in a cup again. And this time I did better. I started going and stopped midstream when I remembered I was suppose to get a cup!

Baby's heart rate was in the 130's.

And I have a mild inguinal hernia. Only minimal pain at times. Doc's not concerned and even said if I ended up needing a c-section she would fix it while in there. My husbands response, "No big deal. I have one too." That's right folks, we have his and hers hernias. Super.

Weight gain over the past month was a whopping 1.5lbs. I actually trust this due to my scale at home confirming. Either way, if I didn't gain any weight then why to I feel so much bigger? Again, doc is happy with it, so I'm happy with it. This was my belly last week.


This officially puts my in my 3rd trimester! Only 12 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! Seems like it's flown by! Happy last trimester!

ob said...

Jennifer,
You sound like the happiest expectant mom around. I try to check your posts daily. It weems your not getting a lot of feedback from your Ob. As an RN you should sound off a little more. I know I am speaking out of turn here. I just cringe that I might have a patient mistreated by my staff the way you were with the diabetic screen. I have a standing order with my staff, always offer a reschedule to anyone that waits over 30 minutes. Keep posting. I think I am waiting for your delivery as much as you.
Walter
(Dr Im-por-tan-te`. That is a self depreciating joke for a name you know. I am the opposite of important. Only the patients are.)