Sunday, April 25, 2010

Employed--Wedding--Garden

It's final. Chris made his decision. He took a position with a primary care office affiliated with a large hospital network in the area. Though he's still unsure if he made the right decision, I'm certain. I'm very excited that he's taking a month off in between jobs. We'd always planned on this but now the timing is perfect. I'm due July 4th and he's due to start August 1st. That means a month home with me and the baby!

In other new events, my best friend, Kendall, is getting married! While I'm thrilled for the happy couple, the timing leaves quite a crunch. They just chose early August for the happy occasion. This means I'll be traveling half way across the country with a one month old and fitting my postpartum self in a bridesmaid dress! Oh, and did I mention my husband can't join us? Yep, Chris has to take his boards. Fortunately I've recruited my mom as my date and babysitter (for the bridesmaids lunch, rehearsal dinner, and wedding). The real bummer is I won't be able to host any pre-wedding activities....the joy's of not being able to fly in late pregnancy.

And onto the garden. Last year Chris planted a small garden on the side of our house and it did surprisingly well. So, a couple weeks ago Chris planted once again. Cantaloupes, strawberries, lettuce, chives, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes...mmmmm!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That will be really nice to have him home with you the whole first month!