Thursday, July 15, 2010

Total Love


Ryan is now 2.5 weeks old. It really seems as if he's been part of our little family much longer. Well, in the short time he's been here he's melted our hearts. I suppose every parent hopes for a healthy baby. And we were no exception. In fact, I think I was at a disadvantage because I work with babies and children who are sick, from birth or otherwise. So, when Ryan was whisked away to the NICU it was all to familiar ground, but this time I was on the other side.


He had a couple episodes at birth where he dropped his oxygen and required supplemental O2. I tried to be positive but the worst case scenarios flashed through my head. Fortunately, those problems were ruled out the following morning. And then his issues started resolving on their own.


We were lucky to have a NICU with private rooms so we could stay in his room at all times, and he was only held one day longer than me. His arrhythmia will be followed by his pediatrician and then with a pediatric cardiologist if it doesn't resolve by the time he's 2 months old.


Most importantly, he is just perfect! Both Chris and I are head over heels in love with our little boy. He is most certainly well worth the wait!

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

I'm so glad he's healthy and all is well! So happy for you guys!