Thursday, January 7, 2010

Heart Melting Thuds

I went to the doctor today due to the tolerable but still lingering headache. I now have a handy supply of percocet for any future humdingers. Who would have thought narcotics were baby safe?

While I'm happy for the drug supply and to hear the black spots I've been seeing are normal, I'm most most pleased to report I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! I instantly felt more pregnant! I only wish Chris would have been there.

The doctor, again not mine, was wonderful, however you would think with all the medical advances the office could swing an accurate scale. That's right, there is no way I've gained that much weight. Nope. Now I know what you are thinking, denial, but my scale confirms this inaccuracy and I'm sticking to it.

As for the due date, according to my IVF dates I'm due 7/4 but according to my ultrasound I'm due 7/12. The doc said it didn't really matter, but I'm thinking that when I'm at this end of this journey I'm going to feel otherwise. I feel the first date is more accurate and the baby is just small, but then again I'm not paid the big bucks.

We were offered the second trimester genetic screening and thus far we've declined. While I'd prefer to be prepared with such knowledge, I just don't want to chance a false positive or amnio. I was told to come back between 18 and 20 weeks for an ultrasound at which point we'll find out the sex! Yep in about a month we will know. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Jenny Rizer said...

Glad you're feeling better and hope those migranes stay away! I didn't get genetic testing with either of mine and I don't plan to this time either. Same reasonings as you. Enjoy this wonderful time in your life....it's exciting!