Sunday, February 14, 2010

Half Way There & Gender Reveal

The tech and doctor (who were very funny by the way) immediately asked if we wanted to know the sex. Of course I said yes, and I think Chris said 'only if it's a boy'. The very second the tech put the probe on my belly Chris said 'I saw it', 'it' being a penis. Very typical Chris behavior. The conversation continued-
tech: here's his head
me: or her head
tech: no. here is his head and his spine.
Chris: I told you I saw it! {Grin}

Little man was squirming all over the place, and in fact, we could never get a good picture of his face. We were told everything looked great but the doctor told me he couldn't be sure the baby wouldn't look like his daddy;) The whole day was quite amazing.

How far along: 20 weeks! Half way there...

Total weight gain/loss: +10 (right on track, lets see if I can keep it that way)


Maternity clothes: The belly band rocks! I'm wearing my regular pants and maternity pants with one, in fact I have two, a black and a white one

Stretch marks: hell no

Sleep: I sleep well and have vivid dreams every night

Best moment this week: Seeing our little one on ultrasound

Movement: Still impatiently waiting

Food cravings: Nothing specific, though I eat a lot!

Gender: It's a BOY!

Labor signs: Uh, no

Belly button in or out: IN

What I miss: Ice cold beer, is this considered a craving?

What I am looking forward to: Feeling this baby boy move

Weekly wisdom: "Patience is a virtue"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Yup, definitely a boy in there! So happy for you guys, and I'm sure you'll be feeling him kicking all around in no time!

Shannon said...

It's so exciting that you know it's a boy. Now you can buy things! A cold beer sounds awesome by the way. Good job on the 10 lb. weight gain!!

suzspeaks said...

I'm so, so excited for you! Little boys love their mommies!!