Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy 21st!

To baby that is. This weekend marks 21 weeks and while Chris had a drink to celebrate, I'll have to wait another 19 weeks or so. Little man may have also been celebrating; I thought I felt him move today but until it becomes more frequent I can't be sure.

I finally told my new boss and colleagues I was pregnant. Funny thing is, I've been pregnant the entire 5 months I've been there. What can I say, scrubs hide a belly well. Anyway, they were very happy and kind, but I know they were thinking 'great, she's outta here'. I made it clear I wasn't planning on leaving. Afterall, I make my own schedule and only have to work 1 day a week and take call 1 weekend a month...you really can't beat that. I plan to return to working a very relaxed schedule once the baby is born, at least that's the plan.

I've been very hesitant to shop for baby. Partly because I've been in denial. Of course it's not that I didn't want to be pregnant but that I wanted to be for so long it's hard to believe. But after hearing little mans heartbeat again and seeing him on ultrasound I decided to relax and go shopping! And shopping I did! This weekend we bought a chocolate brown glider, brown and white polka dot curtains, and a brown and blue rug. Chocolate brown and baby blue modern is the look I'm trying to achieve. I must say, babies open up entirely new shopping opportunities...

1 comment:

nurze4kidz said...

Im so glad you went back and got the chair!! Which one did you end up getting?

Oh P.S., Now that you've opened the shopping doors...it's hard to close them :)