Sunday, July 13, 2008

HANDS

For those of you who don't know, I collect hands. I suppose it all started when I first purchased a UT hand, go figure. The 'hook'em horns' hand is a classic UT symbol known by all that matter and mistaken for 'hang ten' by the naive.


I then found a few more hands along my adventures and most recently bought a peace sign hand in the Bahamas while at my brothers wedding.


Strangely, many miles away in Texas my mom started quite a collection as well...it was not until her visit to VA that we realized what was going on. At this point I'm not sure I will ever catch up to her.

Another of my sentimental fav's is one given to Chris and I as a wedding gift. Thanks Sharron!


While I will snatch up a hand anywhere I particularly like those with some meaning to me, perhaps from a special location, in a particular position, etc. With that said I now transition to my brother Dustin. Dustin is a talented artist, though he will deny it, but I am his sister and can brag. He recently finished grad school and entered the working world as an architect. For many years I have requested an art piece for my home. Now with more time on his hands (no pun intended) it looks as if I may get my wish and it will be a hand no less. Turns out he likes hands too, drawing them that is. Lucky me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blonde girl - I am so happy you like the hand and I am most honored to be mentioned on your blog!! The wedding was beautiful and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.

Sharon O.

Summer said...

Am I not going to get any credit for having anything to do with that longhorn hand you have??? ;)