Thursday, May 13, 2010

Into the Eighth

I went to the OB this week for a check-up and I'm happy to report I got an A+. I'm measuring right on track, my weight gain is textbook, and little man's heart rate was 150. I was given permission to gently push the baby down, out of my ribcage, where he typically hangs out causing excruciating chest and back pain. I'm fairly certain he enjoys using my liver as a pillow while he practices his grasp on my gallbladder. Though the pain is immediately relieved when I move him, he doesn't go without a fist/foot fight. He should be approaching 4 lbs/17 inches and my doctor warned me that people my size, who look like they would be carrying little babies, often surprise everyone with a big one!

As for the rest of the pregnancy, other than the pain caused by his position, the constant heartburn/reflux, and the occasional jab at my ribs, all is well, though painting my toe nails and shaving my legs is starting to become quite challenging.

We did have a bit of a 'hmmm' moment last night when I had braxton hicks every 10 minutes. After 2 hours I called the doc and after following a few instructions in a lame attempt to relieve them, I was given the offer to come in and be checked out or ignore them. I chose to ignore them. Three hours in total before going to bed. I've had braxton hicks since around week 22 but normally I have about 6 a day, not 18 in 3 hours! So, we were a bit concerned but I woke up this morning back to usual. Who knows what was going on. Maybe my uterus is just practicing for the big day!

No comments: