Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Osteosarcoma


As I write this Emma is laying next to me sleeping comfortably. Her pathology report came back as osteosarcoma. Bone cancer. And while we were given the option to amputate we chose not to because we learned it would only extend her life by 4-6 months. I just couldn't put her through major surgery for such a short extension. So, we continued comfort care measures. She has good days and less good days. About a week ago she started having issues with her foot that I don't want to discuss. I'll just say she couldn't be left alone for any length of time and my heart started breaking even more. She certainly surpassed the 1-2 week prognosis she was given many weeks ago and I was so hoping she would make it to meet Baby Hayes. However, I now believe she only has a couple days left. With the exception of Mazie, I'm certain no other dog has ever been loved as much as Emma...

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

Oh, Jen I'm sorry :) Enjoy your time with her!!