Sunday, October 4, 2009

IVF/ Toe Update

I was due to have my estrogen (E2) level this morning so because it's Sunday I had to go to the hospital lab. Then Chris and I had to kill an hour and a half from 8 to 9:30am before seeing my doctor for an ultrasound. So, why not go to Friendly's for a Reece's peanut butter cup sundae! The ultrasound went well as I had about 8 follicles (eggs) at about 8mm (12mm is full size). I also had several mini follicles that may or may not turn in to anything. I have no idea how many he wants me to have, but apparently I need just enough to make successful embryos but not enough to cause my ovaries to explode. I think my E2 levels were high because I was told to decrease my follistim dose. I go in for another E2 level and ultrasound on Tuesday morning. My doc guesses I will be ready for retrieval this coming weekend.

I am adjusting to the shots. Any one shot is bearable but all three together buuurrnn! And the side effects are minimal.


Causing more pain is my damn toe! It was fine until today when I dropped a couch right on it! First, let me say I had a bump underneath my nail for as long as I can remember (maybe 6 months, maybe 6 years). When my nail came off I was able to see that the bump was another nail, it's about 1/4 of a nail at the base of my toe. The whack job podiatrist I saw said my toenail should grow out from the existing nail but so far it has yet to do anything (and I am cutting the others so I know they are growing!). I was getting a bit fearful that I was going to live forever without a toenail until the couch incident. My mini nail is turning black...maybe it will just fall off too! Then I can start over. Here is a pre-couch pic of my toe (pretty, I know).


By the way, did you know they make glue on toenails? Well, they do. Problem is they are intended to be glued to the existing nail. I guess they are meant for people with ugly nails rather than people with no nails. Weird.

No comments: