Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy 2nd Trimester to Me

That’s right! We made it past the first trimester! It seems like only yesterday we were being told ‘congratulations you’re pregnant’, ‘I’m sorry you’re no longer pregnant’, ‘I see a fetus and a heartbeat’. Needless to say it was quite an unexpected roller coaster. All the ambivalence surrounding this pregnancy caused us to be very cautious with our excitement. Now that we’re past the first trimester, we’ve decided to let it all go and be excited!

As for the slow start and small size of the baby, only 2 of the 4 doctors we’ve seen are concerned. And the fact remains… there is nothing we can do about it anyway. We were advised by my fertility doc, due to a slight increase in chromosomal abnormalities with the ICSI procedure, to have genetic testing. However, I declined the early testing. For a previous NICU nurse, a current pediatric nurse, and my personality this decision was quite amazing. Well a couple days ago I had a panic attack about having declined the testing. Fortunately Chris was there to talk me down!

As promised, here are pictures of Chris wearing pantyhose. I suppose I should explain. Chris's colleagues paid money to see certain people, Chris included, dress up like idiots at work. They raised nearly $2,000 to help families in need. (why the first 2 pics are so small is beyond me, but you get the idea)



1 comment:

Shannon said...

Haha! Those pics of Chris are great!

I did the same thing you did with the testing. After seeing all the crazy stuff at work, I didn't want to worry about testing that could be wrong. It wont change anything either way anyway. God gives us the children he wants us to have!

So exciting that you are 1/3 of the way there!!