Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Sweet Emma

I brought Mazie home when she was just six weeks old. She was a terror on paws and she cried every time I left the house. When she was almost one I decided, since she was a pack dog, she needed a sibling to keep her company. And from that came the decision to get dog #2.

Nine years ago today I brought my sweet Emma home from Town Lake Animal Shelter in Austin Texas. She was estimated to be about one year old. She was a stray so I have no idea what happened to her that first year, however when she came home she was sooo nervous (thank goodness the submissive peeing didn't last long). Mazie and Emma quickly became best friends. In fact, the first time I left them home alone together was the first time Mazie didn't cry!

Other than the isolated incident of drinking baby oil and the unbelievable, constant shedding (seriously, you wouldn't believe it), she has been the best dog one could hope for. Happy 10th Birthday Emma!

1 comment:

nurze4kidz said...

YAY!! Happy birthday emma!